Table of Contents
NSSO Full Form is the National Sample Survey Office
NSSO stands for National Sample Survey Office. NSSO is working under the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MOSPI) of India. It was established in 1950 in collaboration with Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics, Poona on the behalf of Government of India and its headquarters is located in New Delhi, India. Its work is to conduct socio-economic surveys in the country like housing conditions, domestic tourism, employment and Unemployment, Drinking water, sanitation, Land and livestock holdings, Domestic tourism expenditure, Labour Force, Social consumption, health, Construction, Industries, Manufacture, etc. NSSO has four divisions that are known as follows:
- Field Operations Division (FOD
- Data Processing
- Survey Design and Research (SDR)
- Economic Analysis.
It also has a few objectives that are given below:
- Develop statistical techniques to analyze statistical data, solve management problems, and calculate future trends.
- Collect and publish useful information for those involved in economic activities in the country.
- Provide statistics and other information for government or national planning and policy purposes.
- Provide and analyze useful information to researchers in the socio-economic field.
NSSO Full Form is the National Security Space Office
NSSO meaning is the National Security Space Office. Now it is known as DoD Executive Agent for Space Staff. It was formed in 2004 after merging the National Security Space Integration (NSSI) office, the National Security Space Architect (NSSA), and the Transformational Communications Office (TCO).