Saturday Short Form is SAT, S, SA, and SATDY
Saturday short form is SAT, S, SA, and SATDY. Saturday is the sixth day of the week and it comes between Friday and Sunday as per the International standard of ISO. It is the seventh day of the week where the week starts from Sunday. It is the first day of the week in those countries where Friday is the weekly holiday and starts the week from Saturday.
The Roman named the Saturday as “Saturn’s Day” also called Sāturni diēs. In Old English, Saturday was also known as sunnanæfen which means “Sun” and “eve”.
Regional Based Customs and Traditions
There are various types of traditions and customs that are available in the world that happens on Saturday. Some of them are given below:
- In most countries, Saturday night is celebrated as the weekend night.
- In the United States of America’s state of Louisiana, Saturday is the preferred day for the elections
- In Israel and Nepal, Saturday is the official day for the weekly holiday
- Saturday is the only election day in New Zealand and Australia
- Most of the domestic fixtures of football are held in the United Kingdom
- In the United States of America, most of the Basketball games are played on Saturday
- Most of the college-based football matches are played on Saturday in the United States of America.